AvalonBay is proud to be named one of Glassdoor's Best Places to Work in 2018!
At AvalonBay, every day you can make a difference in someone's life. We take that purpose seriously and expect you will as well. From helping someone choose one of our communities as their home to providing great service throughout a resident's stay to supporting your fellow associates, your positive, professional, and consistent personal interactions make AvalonBay a great place to work. Our purpose and our core values - A Commitment to Integrity, A Spirit of Caring, and a Focus on Continuous Improvement - set us apart.
At AvalonBay we are building the industry’s most advanced data science capability. Join a green-field opportunity to transform the REIT industry by developing big data solutions which support Revenue Management, Marketing, Operations, Customer Service and Investment for one of the largest REITs in the country.
The role involves:
• Design, develop and implement a large scale data management solution to support business analysis and data science at AvalonBay Communities, Inc.
• Capture functional requirements and develop technical requirements which leverage best in class tools. Create project plans and identify resource requirements.
• Design data models for data integration across the enterprise incorporating structured data from a range of relational data stores, real time sensor data from our properties, third party data appends and unstructured data from web sources. Develop ETL and APIs to support a team of data scientists analyzing internal, industry and unstructured data.
• Create an efficient production pipeline for cloud based solutions to problems identified by the business analyst community and machine learning solutions developed by data science.
• Provide expert recommendations on tools and technical solutions.
• Communicate the value of cloud based solutions and recommendations to non-technical audiences including senior management. Be an advocate for leveraging the big data capability of the cloud.
• A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, and 4+ years of relevant employment experience
• 4+ years work experience with ETL, Data Modeling, and Big Data Management
• Expert in writing SQL scripts
• Experience developing and operating very large data warehouses.
• Columnar database and NoSql experience
• Solid Linux skills.
• Solid communication skills and team player
• Experience with AWS/Hadoop/Hive/Pig and Spark a strong plus