AvalonBay is proud to be named one of Glassdoor's Best Places to Work in 2018.
Creating a better way to live is the purpose that binds AvalonBay associates. At AvalonBay, every day you can make a difference in someone's life. We take that purpose seriously and expect you will as well. From helping to maintain the physical condition of the community to providing great service throughout a resident's stay to supporting your fellow associates, your positive, professional, and consistent personal interactions make AvalonBay a great place to work. Our purpose and our core values - A Commitment to Integrity, A Spirit of Caring, and A Focus on Continuous Improvement - set us apart.
So if you're looking for a rewarding career opportunity with the top property management organization in the country, we'd like to hear from you! We are looking for the right candidate to join our property operations maintenance team as a General Maintenance Manager to maintain the condition and appearance of the community and operate under the safety and operating standards set forth by AvalonBay.
The General Maintenance Manager will be responsible to manage maintenance operations for multiple assigned communities in support of business goals. Oversees all maintenance efforts, including the physical aspects of the property's HVAC, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, major appliances and amenities. Ensure efforts meet AVB’s operational standards and any applicable laws and regulations. Assist in the development and management of the annual maintenance operating budget in accordance with established timeframes. Review monthly financial reports, analyze budget variances and trends and implement any corrective actions. Responsible for personnel management of maintenance staff, including but not limited to selection, hiring, training and performance management.
At podded communities, the General Maintenance Manager works with the on-site supervisor to increase proficiency/performance of community, and maintains oversight of the property’s maintenance operations.
1. High School diploma or equivalency (GED)
2. Bachelor’s degree (preferred), or comparable educational experience
3. 3-5 years of multi-family property management or other building maintenance experience performing the duties of Maintenance Manager.
4. 3–5 years of maintenance staff supervisory experience.
5. 2–3 years of on-the-job experience in the use of refrigerant recovery or recycling equipment.
1. Ability to manage single or multiple sites of significant complexity.
2. Ability to contribute to the effectiveness of the maintenance function as demonstrated by participation in taskforces, etc. in prior work experience.
3. Ability to supervise and develop new associates and provide feedback and coaching resulting in improved performance as demonstrated by work experience.
4. Demonstrated clear and concise written and verbal communication skills.
5. Demonstrated ability to create and deliver reports and group presentations on property-related subject matter.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
AvalonBay is an Equal Opportunity Employer.